



Maya, our adorable little girl, is still on 'China time'. While in China, she would usually have a nap in the afternoon, and then go to sleep between 9 and 11 p.m. We could count on her being asleep until 5 or 6 a.m. Ahhh... those were the 'good old days'. She has been awake each and every night at about 1:30, and has stayed awake until 4 or 5 a.m. She downs her formula and then insists on play-time with mom and dad. Yes, we've tried keeping her up during the day, exposure to lots of sunlight, stroller-time, and that old stand-by : gravol suppositories (I know, too much info!). We know it will take time to get her onto our schedule, but at 2 a.m., rational thought is a scarce commodity.
The only thing that helps us get through this time is knowing that most of our group is in the same sleep-deprived boat !!
Hoping for ZZZZZZZZ's,
Paul, Angela, Maya and Sam
4 comments:
I see Sam has no trouble sleeping! Too bad we couldn't be more like our labs, mine can sleep anywhere, anytime, day or night...or all day and all night for that matter. I'm sure within a few more days Maya will have her days and nights straightened out and being up all night will be a distant memory. I'm hopeing my experience with shift work will help me in that department when I get Ava home.
Hang in there, it'll get better soon.
Liz
Here's to enjoying the basic necessities in life and that means that incredible, luxurious sleep! How sweet it is and I hope that it will be for you again soon! Maya, mom, dad and Sam look very much at home in each other's company. Thanks so much for the wonderful pics depicting what "nesting and family life" is all about, even at 2 a.m. Please give Maya hugs and kisses from us.
Love,
Susan,Don,Robert,Genny & Kendra
We had the same issues when we first got home...I barely remember the 1st month home...it does get better ! Keep the lights low and not too much stimulation during the night hours and keep up with the daytime tricks of lots of light and stimulation :)
Take care !
Oh ya - good times! It can only get better from here. I love those pictures - but doesn't she have to be in bed to have bed head like that?? So cute!
k
Post a Comment